★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- any brand chocolate cake mix (or any other flavor desired)
- container of frosting
- ice cream cake cones (the cones that are circular on the bottom)
- sprinkles, gummy bears, jelly beans etc. to decorate cone after iced
- aluminum foil
- mini muffin pan
How to Make Kooky Cupcakes
- 1Follow directions on back of cake mix to make batter.
- 2Wrap foil around cone base and place straight up in undressed mini muffin pan.
- 3Fill cones with 1/4 cup of cake batter. (about half way full) Do not overfill! Let batter settle before transferring to the oven.
- 4Place cones in oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Test done ness with toothpick.
- 6Let cool completely before icing.
- 7Side note...... These are hard to travel with..I find if I put them in a couple containers that hold them tightly; they travel better. Be very cautious of the cones if traveling with them.