Kit's Marble Cake...
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
How to Make Kit's Marble Cake...
- 1Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease & flour 2 round 8 inch cake pan.
- 2beat egg whites, gradually add 1 cup sugar beat until stiff & glossy.
- 3In medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt & the rest of the sugar. Add the oil 1/2 of the milk, vanilla & beat on medium speed for 1 min. make sure to scrape the bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites to batter. Make sure not to over fold.
- 4Add in the remaining milk, egg yolks & beat 1 min more. Remember to scrape down the bowl.
- 5Measure out half of the batter into another bowl. In the other bowl mix together to cocoa powder & hot water until smooth. Combine the cocoa mix with 1/2 of the batter.
- 6Then pour the white batter in the bottom of both pans, then carefully pour the cocoa batter on top of each. keep repeating with both batters until all batter is gone.
- 7Bake for 30 to 35 mins. Cool well on wire rack & frost as you wish.
- 8Note: Sometimes I use a chopstick & mix it around a bit before baking.