King Arthur flour cake pan cake
- 1 1/2 cups king arthur unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa, 3/4 ounce
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water, coffee or milk or 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup rum
How to Make King Arthur flour cake pan cake
- 1preheat oven to 350°. Measure all the dry ingredients into an 8 inch or 9 inch round or square baking pan. If you use an 8 inch pan, make sure it is at least 2 inches deep. Blend the ingredients together thoroughly with a fork or whisk and scoop out three holes or indentations.
- 2Pour vanilla into the first hole, the vinegar into the second and the vegetable oil into the third. Take the cup of cold liquid, water coffee milk etc., and pour it directly over everything in the pan. Note: if you used espresso powder, adding coffee will make this a mocha cake. Stir all ingredients together with your fork until they are well blended.
- 3Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve at once. Makes 12 to 16 servings.