Kim's Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Wow! A coconut macaroon crust?! Yes, please. Super creamy cake topped with marshmallow cream meringue... We just plain love it. The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- coconut macaroon cookies, crushed
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 8 oz. packages, cream cheese, softened-room temperature
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- egg whites
- 3 1/2 oz
- marshmallow cream
- pinch of salt
How to Make Kim's Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 1Combine cookie crumbs with butter. Press into buttered 9" springform pan. Bake 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 2Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Stir in coconut. Pour over crust. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 3Mix meringue just before the 40 minutes is up. Beat egg whites till fluffy, add marshmallow cream and pinch of salt, beating until frothy. Spread over cheesecake, sprinkle with coconut and return to oven for 8-10 minutes, till meringue is lightly browned.
Loosen cake from pan with knife. Cool before removing. Chill.