Key Lime Mousse Pie
Too good not to share. Best Key Lime pie ever!! Delicious and serves a crowd. My favorite to bring to pot lucks, especially in the summer. Very refreshing!!
Alot of ingredients, but oh so worth it!!
- 6 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- lime zest
- 12 oz
- vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 3 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pkg
- non flavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 1 c
- vanilla wafer crumbs
- melted butter
How to Make Key Lime Mousse Pie
- 1In small sauce pan, mix lime juice and gelatin until completely disolved. Add 1/2 cup Heavy cream. Bring to simmer. Remove from heat and add white chocolate chips. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- 2In mixing bowl; beat cream cheese, sugar, and lime zest until smooth. Slowley beat in chocolate mixture. In separate bowl; beat remaining cold heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into mixture.
- 3Add melted butter to vanilla wafer crumbs till lightly moist and press into bottom and sides of 10" spring form pan. I have used both vanilla wafer crumbs and graham crackers. Any will do.
Pour pie mixture into crust and freeze 4 hrs. Serve cold. May set out about 30 minutes ahead to slice easier.