- 1 box
- vanilla cake mix, reserving 1 cup for topping ( i like french vanilla)
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted (i use real butter, you only live once!)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3/4 c
- key lime juice ( i've used bottled lime juice, but like the key lime better)
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- reserved cake mix
- 1 c
- chopped pecans, walnuts or combination of both
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- powdered sugar for garnish
How to Make Key Lime Cream Cheese Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, reserve 1 cup of the dry cake mix for the topping; set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, mix remaining cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg until well combined. Press in bottom of pan; set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and 2 eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour filling evenly over base in pan.
- 4With fork, mix reserved cake mix with pecans and 3 tablespoons softened butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- 5Bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan at least 20 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle individual servings with powdered sugar.
- 6(The recipe calls to bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown, I have found in my oven it's closer to 1 hour)