Key Lime Cheesecake Minis with Macadamia
- 1 1/2 c
- grham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 c
- ground, toasted macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 24 oz
- cream cheese
- egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- key lime juice
FOR THE FILLING
How to Make Key Lime Cheesecake Minis with Macadamia
- 1Preheat oven to 325 F. Put a kettle of water on the stove to boil. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- 2When the water comes to a boil, fill a cake pan or baking dish about halfway up the sides with boiling water. Place pan or dish on the bottom rack in your oven. This will create a moist environment for baking the cheesecakes.
- 4Prepare the filling: Place cream cheese in the bowl of an electric stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and add the egg yolks, one at a time, until well combined. Add condensed milk, sugar and Key lime juice and continue mixing until completely blended. The batter should be thick and velvety.
- 5Fill each baking cup with the cheesecake batter, and place on the middle rack of your oven. Bake for approximately 23-25 minutes, until cheesecakes are set, but still slightly jiggly in the center – like Jell-O. Remove cakes from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool. When cooled to room temperature, chill cheesecakes in the fridge for several hours to firm up.
- 6Serve with a garnish of fresh whipped cream, if desired.