Kentucky Jam Cake
3/4cup butter or margarine, softened
3 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspallspice, ground
1 cblackberry jam, seedless
How to Make Kentucky Jam Cake
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, add eggs and beat again.
- Sift dry ingredents together 3 times; Add to cream mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in Jam. Pour into 2 greased 9-inch cakepan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 35-45 minutes.Or untill golden brown.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and complete cooling on wire racks. Yiel one 9-inch cake.
- We use Carmeol Cream Icing, but you can use what you like.