☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 boxplain yellow cake mix
1 pkgvanilla instant pudding mix
1 Tbspgrated orange zest
1 tube(s)vanilla extract
8 Tbspmelted butter (1 stick)
4 Tbspbutter (1/2 stick)
1/2 cpacked lite brown sugar
How to Make Kentucky Buttermilk Bourbon Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 12-cup bundt pan with vegetable oil spray. Set aside.
- Place bourbon and orange zest in a small saucepan and heat to warm over low heat. Do not boil. Set pan aside.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrap down sides. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes scraping sides. Batter should look thick and smooth. Fold in the bourbon and zest mixture evenly and pour into prepared bundt pan and put into oven.
- Bake cake until golden brown and when springs back when touched lightly (45-50 minutes). Remove pan from oven and let cook on rack for 20 minutes. Run sharp knife around edges and invert cake onto serving platter.
- Prepare the glace. Place butter, brown sugar, bourbon and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Poke holes into top of cake with wooden skewer or toothpick. Spoon the hot glaze over top of cake allowing it to seep into holes and drizzle down the sides and into the center of the cake. Allow cake to cool completely before slicing.
- Store cake covered in plastic wrap or under glass dome at room temperature for up to 4 days. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze it wrapped in aluminum foil for up to 6 months. Thaw cake overnight on counter before serving.