Kentucky Bluegrass Fudge Pie
2/3 csifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 ccoarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 csoftened butter (1 stick)
3 tspvanilla extract
1 ptvanila ice cream (optional)
How to Make Kentucky Bluegrass Fudge Pie
- Grease an 8 x 1 1/2 inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt on wax paper.
- Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast (stirring often) for about 10 minutes; cool; reserve.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a medium size bowl until light and fluffy. Sitr in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in toasted walnuts. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Do NOT overbake. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan. Spoon ice cream onto center of pie. Cut into pie shaped wedges.