They contain no sugar, except for the sweetened condensed milk- and yet taste very rich.
- 1 c
- vanilla wafers cookies
- 1 c
- animal cracker cookies,no frosting
- 1 c
- pistachio nuts
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 8 tsp
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 4 Tbsp
- brandy or cognac or rum (may use fruit juice)
How to Make Kartoschka Cakes
- 1Mince cookies and nuts in a food processor into a coarse powder. Set aside.
In a medium bowl Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and soft butter until smooth. Add cocoa and brandy(or juice).
- 2Add cookie/nut mixture with the milk and butter mixture and mix until smooth.
Chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Pinch off a small amount of dough and form into small cake in the form of a little potato says Galena- I say like one of the mounds candy bar pieces- just a little smaller.
- 4Decorate as you wish with chocolate or vanilla mousse. (frosting)
Cover cakes carefully with plastic and chill for 5-6 hours.
I hope you enjoy these- especially great at Easter.