- 1 pkg
- devil's food cake mix (not pudding cake)
- 1 pkg
- instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9 oz.)
- 2 c
- sour cream (16 oz. container)
- 1/2 c
- kahlua or equivalent coffee liqueur
- 3/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (8 oz.)
How to Make Kahlua Cake
- 1Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until batch is well blended and uniform in color. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- 2Spray the inside of a bundt pan with Pam and pour batter into pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Initially, bake for 40 minutes and then lower the temperature to 325 degrees and continue baking for another 35 minutes. Lowering the temperature allows the cake to be lighter in color which makes it look better. Check for doneness with a cake tester.
- 3When cake is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool in the pan for about ten minutes. Remove from pan after 10 minutes and let it continue to cool.
- 4Top with powdered sugar before serving or top with your own chocolate glaze.