Jo's Blueberry Pudding Cake
1/3 cxylitol (or other powdered sweetener)
1/4 cfiltered water
1 Tbsplemon or lime juice (fresh)
1 tsporganic arrowroot starch (or cornstartch)
2 cfresh organic blueberries
1 ccup flour
1/2 cxylitol (or other powdered sweetener)
1 3/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspsea salt
1/4 cegg substitute (new laid) or 1 organic egg
1/2 cnon-dairy milk
1/2 ccoconut oil (make sure it's liquid)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Jo's Blueberry Pudding Cake
- Put the oven rack in the middle position in your oven and heat it to 375'F.
- Lightly spray a 9" baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the sweetener, water, lemon/lime juice and arrowroot starch. Then add the berries and heat the mixture on simmer for 3 minutes until thickened. Take off heat.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1/2 cup sweetener.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg replacer, milk, margarine and vanilla, then add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared baking dish and spread it even on the bottom. Pour the berry mixture over top of the batter. The berries will sink into the batter as it rises.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly on a metal wrack before you cut this.
- You can make this 1 day ahead and once it is cooled completely wrap in foil at room temperature. Then store in the fridge.