By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 stickbutter, unsalted
1 cespresso, brewed
1/4 tsporange zest
1/4 tsporange extract
2 Tbspgrand marnier
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 ozchocolate, unsweetened and cut up
8 largeeggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Jolt Cake
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over moderately low heat, stir in the espresso, the sugar, the zest, the orange extract and the grand marnier, and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- In the top of a double-boiler set over barely simmering water, melt the semisweet and the unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the chocolates into the butter mixture, add the eggs, stirring until the mixture is just combined.
- Line the bottom of a buttered 9" cake pan, 2" deep, with parchment paper and butter the paper; spoon the mixture into the pan, put the pan in a baking dish, and add enough hot water to the dish to reach halfway up the side of the pan.
- Bake the cake in the middle of preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the water bath, let it cool on a rack. Chill it, covered loosely, for 3 hours.
- Run a thin knife around the inside of the pan and dip the bottom of the pan in hot water for 3 seconds.
- Invert a platter over the pan, invert the cake with a sharp rap onto the platter, and cut it with a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cleaning the knife before cutting each slice.