Johnny's Most Requested Strawberry Shortcake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 box
- strawberry cake mix
- ingredients to prepare cake
- 2 box
- instant butterscotch pudding
- 2 box
- strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 lb
- fresh strawberries, capped and sliced or 2 packages frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 16 oz
- tub cool whip
How to Make Johnny's Most Requested Strawberry Shortcake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a disposable aluminum roasting pan and spray it using nonstick spray with flour. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, prepare cake mixes according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- 2Keep an eye on the cake and when it starts to rise, open the oven and shake the pan to make the cake fall. Bake the cake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
- 3Poke holes all over the top of the cake using a fork. Prepare boxes of gelatin according to package directions. Pour slowly over the top of the cake making sure it is soaked up by the cake.
- 4Place sliced strawberries on top of the cake, reserving some for garnish.
- 5Prepare pudding according to package directions. Spread pudding all over the top of the strawberries.
- 6Spread cool whip on top of the pudding. Garnish with reserved strawberry slices. Refrigerate a few hours for the cake to set before serving. Letting the cake refrigerate overnight before serving is preferred.