Johnny's Coconut Pecan Cake
- 1 box
- butter pecan cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- coconut pecan frosting
- ingredients needed to prepare cake
- tub cool whip
- 1 pkg
- sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 small
- package chopped pecans
How to Make Johnny's Coconut Pecan Cake
- 1Preheat oven to proper temperature indicated on the box for the type of baking vessel you prepfer. In a large bowl, mix cake batter according to package directions.
- 2Once batter is mixed, add can of frosting. Fold into batter until well incorporated.
- 3Pour batter into a greased and floured (we use baking nonstick spray with flour) 13 x 9 baking dish. Original recipe calls for the use of a Bundt pan so you can use this pan if desired. Bake until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool completely. If using Bundt pan, cool for few minutes before removing the cake from the pan to completely cool. Spread tub of cool whip all over the top of the cake (or all over cake if used the Bundt pan).
- 5Sprinkle coconut all over the cool whip and then sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the coconut. Cake is ready to be served. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 6*Variations: We substituted Caramel cake mix when Butter Pecan cake mix was not available.
If making the cake in the Bundt pan, you can choose to skip the cool whip, coconut, and pecans and just serve the cake with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
You can also frost the cake with another can of the coconut pecan frosting if desired. You can really make this cake recipe your own by trying different variations.