Johnnie Cake (Aka Sweet corn bread)
- 1 cup
- self rising yellow corn meal
- 2 cups
- self rising flour
- 1/4-1/2 c
- sugar (the recipe calls for 1/2, i use 1/4)
- 1 cup
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
- 2 Tb.
- fat melted (bacon, butter, or oil, your choice)
How to Make Johnnie Cake (Aka Sweet corn bread)
- 1Pre Heat oven to 350. Mix the dry ingredients, then add the melted butter, stir. Then add milk and beaten eggs. Stir just until everything is moist.(batter should be lumpy.)
- 2Grease the skillet, then pour batter into it.
- 3Place in the oven, and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- 4Take from oven, let sit 10 minutes, then cut, and enjoy!