Jewish Coffee Cake
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/4 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbutter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cwhite sugar
3eggs, room temperature
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 csour cream
1/4 cbutter or margarine, softened
1/2 call-purpose flour
1/4 cwhite sugar
1 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Jewish Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F.; grease and flour a 9 X 13-inch baking dish (I used nonstick cooking spray).
- Combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat the 3/4 cup of butter/margarine and 1 1/4 cups of sugar with electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy (mixture should be noticeably lighter in color).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next; beat in the vanilla.
- Pour in flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixing until just incorporated (batter will be thick); pour into prepared pan.
- For the topping:
- Mix 1/4 cup of butter/margarine, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.