Jessie Johson's Bride's Cake
How to Make Jessie Johson's Bride's Cake
- 1Cream together butter and sugar.
- 2Add milk.
- 3Add 12 beaten egg whites.
- 4Sift together and then add: baking powder, corn starch, and flour.
- 5Add vanilla.
- 6Beat all together until throughly mixed.
- 7Place in buttered, paper lined, two-eight inch round pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from pans, cool on wire rack and frost.
- 9If you want to truly use this for a multi-tier wedding cake, make it 6 times to fill two each of 8 inch, 12 inch and 16 inch rounds. Bake 16" layer 35-40 minutes. 12 " layer 30-35 minutes. 8" layer 25-30 minutes.