Jessie Johson's Bride's Cake
How to Make Jessie Johson's Bride's Cake
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add milk.
- Add 12 beaten egg whites.
- Sift together and then add: baking powder, corn starch, and flour.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat all together until throughly mixed.
- Place in buttered, paper lined, two-eight inch round pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans, cool on wire rack and frost.
- If you want to truly use this for a multi-tier wedding cake, make it 6 times to fill two each of 8 inch, 12 inch and 16 inch rounds. Bake 16" layer 35-40 minutes. 12 " layer 30-35 minutes. 8" layer 25-30 minutes.