Jello Poke Cake
I decorated my daughter's birthday cake with raspberries shaped like a heart. Use your imagination and use any type of fruit to decorate your cake :)
1 pkgsuper moist white cake mix
1 1/4 cwater
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 pkg4-serving size raspberry (or your favorite flavor) gelatin
1 cboiling water
1/2 ccold water
·cool whip whipped topping
How to Make Jello Poke Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13x9x2 pan.
- Mix cake according to package, using the water, oil and egg whites. Pour into pan and bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Pierce cake about every 1/2 inch with a fork. Stir gelatin and boiling water in small bowl until smooth, then stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Run a knife around the sides of pan to loosen cake. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Spread Cool Whip over top of cake and garnish with fresh fruit, if desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator.