1 cdates, chopped
1 tspbaking soda
1 cboiling water
2 1/2 cflour
1 cwalnuts, chopped
1 tspreal vanilla extract
1 ccandied fruit and cherries
How to Make JEANS FRUITCAKE
- Grease and flour three mini bread pans.
Preheat oven to 350°
- Put dates in a bowl with soda. Pour boiling water on top and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add eggs, vanilla, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and molasses. Mix to combine.
- Stir in date mixture.
- Fold in walnuts, raisins and candied fruit.
- Pour in prepared pans. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan about 10 minutes. Then carefully run knife around edges. Let cool completely on cooling rack
- After letting cool for about 2 hours, I take 3 separate cloths big enough to wrap each loaf - then soak in Manischewitz. Wrap each completely in foil and store in plastic bag.
Store Fruitcake in Refrigerator.
You may need to resoak in about a week.