Jane's Cheesy Pecan Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cpecans, rough chopped and toasted
8 ozcream cheese
1 cmini marshmallows
1 boxwhite or yellow cake mix
1 boxinstant sugar free pudding mix (i used butterscotch)
1 1/2 cmilk (i used unsweetened almond milk)
1/4 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
How to Make Jane's Cheesy Pecan Cake
- Chop pecans to desired texture and toast in a dry skillet over medium heat until crisp and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, place cheese, margarine, and marshmallows in a glass dish in microwave oven (cover with a paper towel). Melt for 4 minutes on .25 power. Stir. It's ok if the marshmallows are still a little lumpy.
- While pecans toast and cheese melts, combine cake and pudding mixes, add eggs, and slowly moisten with milk until a thick batter is achieved.
- Spread cake batter in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted pecans, then with brown sugar. It's ok to have some clumps with bare batter peeking through.
- Finally, pour or spoon cheese mixture over top in rivulets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is barely scorching and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (Be sure to stick the toothpick in a spot of cake only.)
- Cool (or don't), and enjoy!