Jane's Cheesy Pecan Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3/4 c
- pecans, rough chopped and toasted
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- mini marshmallows
- 1 box
- white or yellow cake mix
- 1 box
- instant sugar free pudding mix (i used butterscotch)
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 c
- milk (i used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
How to Make Jane's Cheesy Pecan Cake
- 1Chop pecans to desired texture and toast in a dry skillet over medium heat until crisp and fragrant.
- 2Meanwhile, place cheese, margarine, and marshmallows in a glass dish in microwave oven (cover with a paper towel). Melt for 4 minutes on .25 power. Stir. It's ok if the marshmallows are still a little lumpy.
- 3While pecans toast and cheese melts, combine cake and pudding mixes, add eggs, and slowly moisten with milk until a thick batter is achieved.
- 4Spread cake batter in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted pecans, then with brown sugar. It's ok to have some clumps with bare batter peeking through.
- 5Finally, pour or spoon cheese mixture over top in rivulets.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is barely scorching and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (Be sure to stick the toothpick in a spot of cake only.)
- 7Cool (or don't),and enjoy!