JAMIE'S CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMEL APPLE CAKE
When I was on vacation once I went into a shop where they had really great candy apples. I saw one that had been double dipped. Once in caramel then in chocolate with the walnuts sprinkled on top.
This being in my mind I put it to the test of a cake. Wow is a good word for the taste, and I love both chocolate and caramel together so here it is.
1duncan hines caramel cake mix
2 cfinely chopped apples ( i used 6 small gala apples)
1 cfinely chopped walnuts
1 1/3 cwater
4 cconfectioners' sugar
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips
4 Tbspheavy cream
1/4 cchopped nuts
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
·small amount of caramel for drizzle on top of cake
How to Make JAMIE'S CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMEL APPLE CAKE
- Peheat the oven 350 degrees
Peel core and chop the apples and nuts
- Mix the cake as the directions, I have included the ingredients for the mix.
Add the apples and nuts let mix about 3 minutes till well mixed.
- Prepare two 8 inch cake pans with bakers joy
Pout in the mixture and put into the oven on center rack. Let bake 35 minutes and check for doness but do not over cook, it will be dry
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes then turn onto cake rack to cool and let stand about 3 hrs to be cool all the way inside. Frosting a hot cake would be a mess.
- Frosting: Melt butter in micro wave or sauce pan
add chips and melt together be carefull not to burn
In a mixer add the confection sugar, chocolate , vanilla, and cream begin on low and mix adding the water a little at a time. You may not need it all or more. Make sure it is spreadable not to thin or to thick
- Frost the cake, add nuts to the top and drizzle with caramel.
Slice and enjoy