JAMIE'S CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMEL APPLE CAKE
When I was on vacation once I went into a shop where they had really great candy apples. I saw one that had been double dipped. Once in caramel then in chocolate with the walnuts sprinkled on top.
This being in my mind I put it to the test of a cake. Wow is a good word for the taste, and I love both chocolate and caramel together so here it is.
- duncan hines caramel cake mix
- 2 c
- finely chopped apples ( i used 6 small gala apples)
- 1 c
- finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick
- 4 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- small amount of caramel for drizzle on top of cake
How to Make JAMIE'S CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMEL APPLE CAKE
- 1Peheat the oven 350 degrees
Peel core and chop the apples and nuts
- 2Mix the cake as the directions, I have included the ingredients for the mix.
Add the apples and nuts let mix about 3 minutes till well mixed.
- 3Prepare two 8 inch cake pans with bakers joy
Pout in the mixture and put into the oven on center rack. Let bake 35 minutes and check for doness but do not over cook, it will be dry
- 4Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes then turn onto cake rack to cool and let stand about 3 hrs to be cool all the way inside. Frosting a hot cake would be a mess.
- 5Frosting: Melt butter in micro wave or sauce pan
add chips and melt together be carefull not to burn
In a mixer add the confection sugar, chocolate , vanilla, and cream begin on low and mix adding the water a little at a time. You may not need it all or more. Make sure it is spreadable not to thin or to thick
- 6Frost the cake, add nuts to the top and drizzle with caramel.
Slice and enjoy