(Calories from Fat 150),
Total Fat 17g
(Saturated Fat 3 1/2g,
Trans Fat 2g),
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(Dietary Fiber 0g,
Percent Daily Value*:
2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate;
0 Skim Milk;
0 Low-Fat Milk;
0 Very Lean Meat;
0 Lean Meat;
0 High-Fat Meat;
3 1/2 Fat;
2 boxboxes betty crocker® supermoist® devil's food or white cake mix water, vegetable oil and eggs or egg whites called for on cake mix box
2boxes betty crocker® supermoist® devil's food or white cake mix water, vegetable oil and eggs or egg whites called for on cake mix box
1green flat-bottom ice-cream cone
1betty crocker® fruit roll-ups® chewy fruit snack rolls (any flavor)
How to Make JACK-O'-LANTERN CAKE
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 2-quart round casserole or 2 1/2-quart ovenproof bowl. Make 1 box cake batter as directed on box. Pour into casserole.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove cake from casserole; place rounded side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Make, bake and cool remaining cake mix using same casserole or bowl
- With sharp knife, carefully slice piece from top of each cake to make flat surface where cakes will be placed together to form pumpkin shape. (Cake scraps can be saved and added to another recipe such as pudding or trifle if desired.)
- In medium bowl, place frosting; tint with 9 drops yellow and 6 drops red food color to make orange frosting. On plate, place 1 cake, rounded side down. Spread 2/3 cup of the orange frosting over cake almost to edge. Place second cake, rounded side up, on frosted cake to make round shape. Spread a thin layer of frosting over entire cake to seal in crumbs. For easier handling, refrigerate or freeze cake 30 to 60 minutes. Frost entire cake with remaining orange frosting.
- Trim ice-cream cone to desired height for stem; place upside down on cake. Cut out eyes, nose, mouth, vines and leaves from fruit snack rolls. Place on frosted cake to form face. Store tightly covered.