Italian Lady Fingers SAVOIARDI
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- egg white
- egg yolks
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1-2 tsp
- lemon or orange zest (optional)
- powdered sugar for sprinkling and dusting (optional)
How to Make Italian Lady Fingers SAVOIARDI
- 1Separate eggs into two separate bowls.
- 2Beat egg whites on high speed until foamy.
- 3Add two tablespoons of the 2/3 cup of sugar to the egg whites. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, and set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, add vanilla and remainder of the sugar to the egg yolks and beat. Set aside
- 5Sift together the flour and baking powder. Fold half of the egg whites into the yolks also adding zest if you'd like.. Do it real gently.
- 6Fold the flour mixture into the yolks.
- 7Fold the rest of the egg whites into the yolks.
- 8Put the batter into a pastry bag. ( I use a a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.)
- 9Pipe the batter onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- 10Dust the piped dough with powdered sugar. (optional)
- 11Bake for about 6 minutes. Stay close because all you want is the edges to turn lightly brown.
- 12Dust with additional powdered sugar if you'd like.