How to Make Island Rum Cake
- 1preheat oven to 325
- 2Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly on bottom of pan.
- 3In large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, pudding, oil and water together. Stir in 1/2 cup rum. Pour batter over nuts in bundt pan and bake on middle rack of oven for 1 hour.
- 4When cake is done, remove from oven and set on a rack to cool.
- 5While cake is cooling, prepare glaze: melt butter in saucepan. Add water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow to cool and stir in rum.
- 6When cake is cool, invert onto serving plate. Prick top and sides of cake with a toothpick and drizzle glaze evenly over top of cake allowing it to soak in.