Irish Cream Cupcakes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup irish cream liqueur
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons irish cream liqueur
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
How to Make Irish Cream Cupcakes
- 1In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2Beat in applesauce and vanilla (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with liqueur, beating well after each addition.
- 3Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in liqueur. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe over tops of cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.