Intense Chocolate Torte
- 1cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 10 double crackers
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more if needed
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
How to Make Intense Chocolate Torte
- 1to make the crust, preheat the oven to 325. In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients, using more melted butter if you need it to make the crust stick together. Press the mixture on the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2to make the filling, in a medium pan, heat the chocolate and cream over low heat til chocolate melts. Remove from heat and set aside. In a stand mixer or large bowl, mix eggs, sugar and flour, Beat for 10 minutes, or less if you're beating by hand or til thick and lemon colored. Fold one quarter of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture, then fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg mixture. Pour the filling into the crust
- 3Bake for about 45 minutes or til puffed around the edge and halfway to the center. Let cool on wire rack for 20 minutes, then remove sides of pan. Let cool for 4 hours before serving.
Note: Obviously, the better the chocolate, the better the torte, but this recipe also works with plain old chocolate chips from the grocery store. You may get a few cracks on top of the torte as it cools, but don't worry. It will still be delicious.