Intense chocolate brownies from The Fat Witch Bake
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70% cocoa, broken up into small pieces
- two large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
How to Make Intense chocolate brownies from The Fat Witch Bake
- 1grease a 9 x 9" baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. Reheat the oven to 350°.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Mix the eggs, sugar, and Brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add the vanilla and chocolate mixture and continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- 3Measure the flour and salt and then sift together directly into the batter. Mix gently until no trace of the dry ingredients remains.
- 4Spread evenly in the prepared baking pan and level the top with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only crumbs, not batter, on it.
Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving.
Makes 12 to 18 brownies.