Incredible Melted Ice Cream Cake
How to Make Incredible Melted Ice Cream Cake
- The Cake Doctor says … “I made this cake with several flavors of ice cream and our favorite was a super premium from Ben & Jerry’s – Cherry Garcia. With cherry and chocolate pieces and the cream and the eggs in the ice cream, you need little else. Your liquid, your fat and your flavorings are all in the melted ice cream. This recipe works well, too, in a 13 x 9 inch pan.” Tamara says ... I have experimented with all of my favorite Ben & Jerry flavors such as Chunky Monkey that also worked well. I have always made this in a Bundt pan and either topped or not topped it. That is why I love this recipe because it is so versatile.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour; set pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 38 to 42 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- This cake really doesn't need to be frosted. I can be glazed with your favorite glaze/dressed up with chopped nuts sprinkled on top.
- This cake can be stored in a plastic cake saver or under a glass cake done at room temp for up to 1 week. Or freeze it, wrapped in foil for up to 6 months. Thaw the cake over night on the counter before serving.