I got this recipe from bettycrocker.com
- 1 box
- box betty crocker supermoist cake mix (i used lemon flavor)
- drops green food color (i made two different greens for added depth to the inchworm)
- 1 1/2
- containers betty crocker rich & creamy vanilla frosting
- candy-coated chocolate candies
- vanilla wafer cookies (for the eyes)
- 2 small
- pretzel sticks (for antennas)
- gumdrops (i used chewie cherry candies)
- i crushed graham crackers for the dirt but it would be better if it had been oreos or dark chocolate cookies for dirt.
- i also added some gummy worms to the dirt
How to Make Inchworm Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350 F (325 F for dark or nonstick pan). Bake and cool cake as directed on box for 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. (I just used my bundt pan)
- 2Lay out cake and cut about 1/3 or 1/4 off the side, depending how high you want his body to be. Then, take the piece you cut off and cut it in two for the front and back of Inchworm. Freeze the pieces of cake for at least an hour for easier frosting. Attach the pieces with frosting.
- 3The rest of the pieces that you place on the Inchworm depend on your creativity. When I was making the antennas I didn't have the gumdrops so I used black olives. For me, it was whatever worked for the moment.
- 4If you have any problems with the assembling you can check out the diagrams on www.bettycrocker.com and search for Inchworm cake.