Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 pkg (18 1/4 oz) white cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
- 2 tblsp nonpareils**
- 24 flat bottomed ice cream cones
- prepare vanilla or chocolate frostings or rainbow frosting
- additional nonpareils and candy decorations of choice
How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in 2 tablesppons nonpareils. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each ice cream cone. Stand cones in a 13 X 9 inch baking pan or muffin pan cups. Bake about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired.
- 2Note: These cupcakes are best served the day they are made. Store loosely covered.
**Nonpareils are a decorative confection of tiny balls made with sugar and starch, traditionally an opaque white but now available in many colors. Their origin is uncertain, but they may have evolved out of the pharmaceutical use of sugar, as they were a miniature version of comfits. The French name has been interpreted to mean they were "without equal" for intricate decoration of cakes, desserts, and other sweets, and the elaborate pièces montées constructed as table ornaments.