★★★★★ 1 vote5
- egg yolks
- 1/2 lb
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp
- cold strong coffee
- dozen lady fingers
- can of salted peanuts
How to Make Ice Box Cake
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2Drop egg yolks in one at a time continue blending hard.
- 3Add coffee and continue blending..
- 4Take one cup of mixture and refrigerate until the next day.
- 5Cut wax paper and fit into pan. Extend up of the sides so that cake will be completely covered when completed.
- 6The next day, split lady fingers, place them together in pan(one layer)- split slide up.
- 7Spread mixture on top. Repeat this 4 times putting the last layer of lady fingers split side down.
- 8Fold wax paper over cake and place in refrigerator until the next day.
- 9Lift cake out of pan, by the wax paper. Grind peanuts and take mixture out of refrigerator for one hour.
- 10Spread remaining mixture over entirecake and pat ground peanuts on the mixture.