★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
5 Tbspcold strong coffee
4dozen lady fingers
1can of salted peanuts
How to Make Ice Box Cake
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Drop egg yolks in one at a time continue blending hard.
- Add coffee and continue blending..
- Take one cup of mixture and refrigerate until the next day.
- Cut wax paper and fit into pan. Extend up of the sides so that cake will be completely covered when completed.
- The next day, split lady fingers, place them together in pan(one layer)- split slide up.
- Spread mixture on top. Repeat this 4 times putting the last layer of lady fingers split side down.
- Fold wax paper over cake and place in refrigerator until the next day.
- Lift cake out of pan, by the wax paper. Grind peanuts and take mixture out of refrigerator for one hour.
- Spread remaining mixture over entirecake and pat ground peanuts on the mixture.