Husband's Favorite Almost Homemade Cake
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix.
- vegetable oil.
- 3 large eggs
- almond extract/1 1/2 tsps. and 4 oz. chopped pecan pieces
- 1 pk. toffee chips/with chocolate or plain/1/2 of bag
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp.pure vanilla extract
- about 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2-3 ounces of pecans
- 1/2 of the package left of toffee chips
How to Make Husband's Favorite Almost Homemade Cake
- 1Follow the directions on cake mix box using the 3 eggs etc..
- 2Add the almond extract into above,stirring in well.
- 3Mix 1/2 package in of toffee chips by hand,gently folding them in.
- 4Mix in 4 ounces chopped pecans.
- 5Bake according to package ingredients in a 9X10 cake pan,or 2 round 9 inch pans.
- 6Cool completely before icing!
- 8Cream together butter and cream cheese together well.
Add the vanilla extract.
Slowly,add the confectioner's sugar till creamy,but not too loose..
- 9Completely ice the cooled cake,
- 10In a small food processor,add remainder of bag of toffee chips,chop till crumbly,fine chopped.
Add about 2-4 ounces pecans,process till chopped finely.
- 11Mix toffee chips and chopped pecans well in a bowl.
TOP THE ICING ALL OVER.
- 12Garnish with whole pecan halves if desired!
- 13SO UNIQUE AND FLavorfull,yet so easy to make.tastes like a bakery confection!