Husband's Favorite Almost Homemade Cake
·1 box white or yellow cake mix.
·3 large eggs
·almond extract/1 1/2 tsps. and 4 oz. chopped pecan pieces
·1 pk. toffee chips/with chocolate or plain/1/2 of bag
·8 ounces cream cheese
·1 stick unsalted butter
·1 tsp.pure vanilla extract
·about 4 cups confectioner's sugar
·2-3 ounces of pecans
·1/2 of the package left of toffee chips
How to Make Husband's Favorite Almost Homemade Cake
- Follow the directions on cake mix box using the 3 eggs etc..
- Add the almond extract into above,stirring in well.
- Mix 1/2 package in of toffee chips by hand,gently folding them in.
- Mix in 4 ounces chopped pecans.
- Bake according to package ingredients in a 9X10 cake pan,or 2 round 9 inch pans.
- Cool completely before icing!
- Cream together butter and cream cheese together well.
Add the vanilla extract.
Slowly,add the confectioner's sugar till creamy,but not too loose..
- Completely ice the cooled cake,
- In a small food processor,add remainder of bag of toffee chips,chop till crumbly,fine chopped.
Add about 2-4 ounces pecans,process till chopped finely.
- Mix toffee chips and chopped pecans well in a bowl.
TOP THE ICING ALL OVER.
- Garnish with whole pecan halves if desired!
- SO UNIQUE AND FLavorfull,yet so easy to make.tastes like a bakery confection!