1 boxyellow cake mix
3/4 cbrown sugar
1/2 cwalnuts or pecans, chopped
1 can(s)cake frosting, any flavor (classic white frosting is my choice)
How to Make Hurricane Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together all ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until done. Toothpick test doesn't work well since this cake is so moist. I usually touch in at the highest point for doneness.
When done, remove from oven and let sit in pan for about 10 minutes. Then turn out onto cake platter.
- Put frosting in microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup and microwave for about a minute to melt. Drizzle over cake while it is still warm.
- Try and wait until it cools before you cut it. But it's a good bet that no one will mind it you don't.
- **HINT** For an easier recipe: mix a can of german chocolate cake frosting into the cake batter instead of coconut, brown sugar and walnuts.