- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 4 large
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 stick
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- cake frosting, any flavor (classic white frosting is my choice)
How to Make Hurricane Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together all ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 2Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- 3Bake for 45-55 minutes or until done. Toothpick test doesn't work well since this cake is so moist. I usually touch in at the highest point for doneness.
When done, remove from oven and let sit in pan for about 10 minutes. Then turn out onto cake platter.
- 4Put frosting in microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup and microwave for about a minute to melt. Drizzle over cake while it is still warm.
- 5Try and wait until it cools before you cut it. But it's a good bet that no one will mind it you don't.
- 6**HINT** For an easier recipe: mix a can of german chocolate cake frosting into the cake batter instead of coconut, brown sugar and walnuts.