Hummingbird Hole Punch Cake
- 1 box
- (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 c
- finely chopped pecans
- 1 pkg
- (3.4 oz.) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 2 c
- 1 c
- drained, crushed pineapple
- (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chopped pecans (garnish)
How to Make Hummingbird Hole Punch Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with baking spray with flour. In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding 1 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tests done. Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 2Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke 1/2 inch deep holes in cake at 1" intervals. In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until slightly thickened, about two minutes. Stir in pineapple. Pour mixture evenly over cake. Cover and refrigerate at least four hours or up to 3 days. Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with chopped pecans before serving. Store in refrigerator.