☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- sugar or splenda sugar
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- salt or light salt
- eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 8 oz
- can crushed pineapple or another fruit
- 2 c
- bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 clove
- chopped pecans or another kind of nuts, divided
How to Make Hummingbird Cake
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Add eggs and oil; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Stir in vanilla, pineapple or another fruit, banana and one cup pecans or another kind of nut.
- 2Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely.
- 3Spread cream cheese frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Sprinkle remaining pecans or another kind of nut on the top. Make 8-10 servings.
- 4Cream cheese frosting;
1cup of margarine, softened (light margarine)
2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened (fat-free cream cheese)
2 16oz. pkgs. powdered sugar (one cup of Splenda sugar)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5In a large bowl, blend together light margarine, and fat-free cream cheese.
Gradually add powdered sugar or Splenda sugar; beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.