How to make Cake Mix with Pudding
But wait, I've never seen a cake mix with pudding. Hmmmm.... So I did a little internet digging and found this article/recipe. Thought I'd share it for anyone else out there who was scratching their heads.
"You can use cake mix with an additional ingredient to make it taste moist and homemade: pudding. Adding an instant-pudding mix to your cake mix and altering the other ingredient amounts and bake time will produce a delicious cake--and no one will detect that it started with a mix.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy"
- 1 box
- cake mix, any flavor
- 1 box
- instant pudding, any flavor (4 serving size)
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make How to make Cake Mix with Pudding
- 1Additional items needed: Mixing bowl, electric beater, cooking spray/butter, 9x13 inch cake pan, toothpicks.
- 2Select identical flavors of cake mix and instant-pudding mix, such as chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding. If you want a more complex cake flavor, select complementing cake and pudding mix flavors, such as yellow cake mix and lemon instant-pudding mix.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Grease the cake pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter. (I flour my cake pans as well, but it's not required.)
- 5Combine the cake and pudding mixes with a spoon in a large mixing bowl.
- 6Add four eggs, 1 cup water and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. If you wish to make a denser cake (similar to a pound cake) add 1 cup sour cream.
- 7Beat all the ingredients until combined with an electric mixer on medium speed. The batter will be much thicker than regular cake batter.
- 8Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake it for approximately 50 minutes.
- 9Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and remove it. If the toothpick comes out clean with no raw batter, the cake is done.