HOW 'BOUT THEM APPLES CAKE (SALLYE)
It is light but spicy and has the little tunnel of apples and nuts for a surprise treat.
3 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 stickbutter, softened to room temp
1 cdark brown sugar
1 cgranulated sugar
1 can(s)apple pie filling
1 cnuts finely minced
How to Make HOW 'BOUT THEM APPLES CAKE (SALLYE)
- Preheat oven to 350º
Grease and flour bundt or tube pan and set aside
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat softened butter and both sugars together until creamy.
Add eggs one at a time, continuing to beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
Add vanilla while still beating.
- While continuing to beat, add 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/2 of milk until blended.
Add another third of flour and rest of milk beating until well blended.
Add rest of flour and beat until all mixture is well blended.
Scrape sides of bowl as necessary so that all batter will be well mixed.
- Fold approximately 1/2 of batter into pan spreading it evenly on bottom.
Spoon apple pie filling onto middle of batter in pan, being careful that it does not touch sides of pan.
Sprinkle apples with minced nuts.
- Carefully spoon the balance of batter into the pan, making sure that pie filling and nuts are completely covered with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350º for 55-60 minutes until cake springs back to touch and toothpick is clean when inserted into cake.
Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around edges of cake to release from pan.
Turn onto serving dish.
You may serve as is with a dish of ice cream, a shot of whipped cream, or you can frost with your choice of icing.