Hot Milk Sponge Cake
How to Make Hot Milk Sponge Cake
- 1Beat eggs until very fluffy and light colored. Add sugar slowly, the add vanilla.
- 2Mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- 3Heat butter and milk on the stove, and remove from heat when the butter has melted. This can also been done in a microwave.
- 4Alternately add milk mixture and flour mixture into egg mixture. Mix on low speed, then pour into a greased and floured fluted cake pan, or angel food pan. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.
- 5*you can substitute orange, lemon, or almond flavoring for the vanilla, or you can use a combination of several to give it your own signature flavor. My grandmother used orange and/or almond, but my mom used vanilla & almond.
- 6My mom always iced this cake with chocolate icing, but my grandmother would glaze the cake with and orange & almond glaze. You can even sprinkle this with powdered sugar or fresh fruit for an easy and delicious way to serve this.