Hot Milk Cake
How to Make Hot Milk Cake
- Melt butter in milk in pan on stove. Set aside, or while that is melting, beat 3 or 4 eggs well.
- Add eggs to milk/butter mixture when all melted together. Add vanilla.
- Measure sugar, flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and stir all well together. Add milk/butter/vanilla mixture and mix well.
- Pam spray a tube pan. Pour cake mix into tube pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until toothpick comes out of cake clean. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR FIRST 15 MINUTES OF BAKING TIME.
- Cool completely and ice as desired.
- Option for layer cake: This can also be baked as a layer cake, baking the layers at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, again until toothpick comes out of cake clean.
- Option for pineapple upside down cake: Pam spray pan, sprinkle brown sugar, place pineapple slices in bottom of tube pan and pour hot milk mixture over it. Bake 350, 40 minutes to 50 minutes. Turn cake out and place cherry in center of each pineapple slice. No icing needed.