Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
Adding that little bit of chocolate syrup to the water makes it an even moister and even better chocolate-flavored cupcake!
- 1 box
- devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- water--put about 1/4 inch of chocolate syrup (dark or regular) per cup of water in the bottom of the measuring cup and fill to desired amount. mix well.
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- chocolate candies as desribed in directions. (optional, but fun!)
How to Make Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set cupcake liners in your cupcake pans. Blend all ingredients as you would for making a cake.
- 3Fill cupcake liners approximately 2/3 full.
For an extra treat, put a small amount of batter in the bottom of the liner, then set a Dove white chocolate promise, or a Hershey's Bliss white chocolate candy or a Lindt white chocolate truffle in the liner; then fill the rest of the way with batter. You could use chocolate candy, too, if you prefer.
- 4Bake the cupcakes for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. If you added candy, keep in mind you may hit that with the toothpick!
- 5Let cupcakes cool completely, then frost with your favorite buttercream frosting, top with chocolate ganache, and top with a cherry or sparkles or anything fun if you'd like!
- 6Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Pour whipping cream into saucepan. Warm over medium heat, contantly stirring until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the chocolate chips until smooth. The mixture will be a beautiful, shiny glaze. You can refrigerate leftovers and rewarm. You may have to add a little cream when rewarming.