Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream Icing
The hot cocoa feel and taste to these cupcakes, paired with mini marshmallows really takes you to the fireplace :)
HOT COCOA CUPCAKES
1 1/2 csugar
1 2/3 cflour
1/2 cplus 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/3 cplus 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 Tbsppure vanilla extract
3/4 cvery hot water
VANILLA BEAN WHIPPED CREAM ICING
1 cheavy whipping cream
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 tspvanilla bean scrapings
1 Tbspgranulated white sugar
How to Make Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream Icing
- For Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separately, whisk together eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix at low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually add hot water until combined.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake tin and bake about 15-25 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Remove and let cool.
- For Icing:
- In a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean scrapings and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill the bowl and a wire whisk in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When chilled, remove items from the refrigerator and beat the mixture with the wire whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Coat top of cupcakes with icing once they are cooled. And for an added hot cocoa feel, top with mini marshmallows.