Honey Vanilla Pound Cake
2 stickunsalted butter at cool room temperature
4extra-large eggs at room temperature
2 Tbspmild honey
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspgrated lemon zest
1 csifted cake flour
1 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Honey Vanilla Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 loaf pan.
- Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the egg mixture, one egg at a time, scraping down the bowl and allowing each egg to become incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Finish mixing the batter with a rubber spatula and pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes, turn out on a baking rack, and cool completely.