★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgcake mix, lemon
1 cwhipping cream
1/2 cplain, nonfat yogurt
1 cwhite wine, medium
How to Make Honey-Lemon Cake
- Bake cake in oblong baking pan, 13x9x2 inches, as directed on package.
- While cake is baking, heat wine, sugar, 1/4 cup honey, the cinnamon sticks and cloves to boiling in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes; cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves from syrup.
- Pour syrup slowly over cake in pan; cool.
- Beat cream and 2 tablespoons honey in chilled small mixer bowl until stiff.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve cake with yogurt topping.
- Garnish with almonds.