Homemade Ice Cream Cake
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Cake
- Start making the ice cream cake a few days before you need to serve it.
- Start by taking the ice cream out of the freezer and letting it sit at room temp til soft enough to spread. This will take about 20 minutes. Also put the 2 tubs of frozen whipped topping in the fridge to thaw.
- Line a 9 inch round cake pan with plastic wrap.
- When the ice cream is soft, spread it in the lined cake pan. Then cover with more plastic wrap and place in freezer overnight.
- While the ice cream part of the cake is freezing, make the cake part in the same size cake pan, following the direction on the cake box. Let the cake cool completely in the fridge til ready to assemble.
- When ready to assemble...remove the ice cream part of the cake from the plastic wrap lined cake pan by turning it upside down onto a serving dish. Make sure to remove all of the plastic wrap. Then place the chilled, baked portion of the cake, ontop of the ice cream portion. Working quickly, frost the entire cake with the thawed whipped topping. Then place back into the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to decorate, remove the cake from the freezer and add sprinkles or anything else you would like, then place back into the freezer til ready to serve.
- I covered my cake with a plastic cake dome while it was in the freezer.
- This cake was exactly like the cake I would always buy from Baskin Robbins for $29.99 but I made it for only $9.50 including sprinkles and cake gel. I won't be buying my cakes from Baskin Robbins anymore!