Homade Dulce de Leche in the can
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- pot large enough to boil the sweetened condensed milk in
How to Make Homade Dulce de Leche in the can
- 1Place unopened can sweetened condensed milk in pot and cover with about 2 inches or more of water. Bring to boil and boil gently for 2 hours, keeping can covered with water.This is a must.
- 2Let can cool completely in water. Remove can from water and use when ready. It will be thick and caramel colored an caramel flavored when you open the can.
- 3Use this instead of dulce de leche when called for in recipes or cook aregular pie shell and you have a caramel pie.
- 4I saw in another recipe here for dolce de leche cake, that you can open the can and cook in a double boiler for several hours till it thickens and turns a caramel caramel color. I have not tried it yet.