Holiday Ginger Pound Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened, 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
How to Make Holiday Ginger Pound Cake
- 1Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar til light. gradually add eggs, vanilla and lemon peel, beating til well blended.
- 2In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. Add to butter mixture, 1/3 at a time, alternating with yogurt and mixing til just blended. Spoon into floured greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or til wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- 4To make small pound cake loaves instead of one large loaf, spoon batter into three floured greased 5 x 3 inch loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. If desired, dollop slices of pound cake with whipped cream, top with berries and garnish with mint sprigs and sprinkle of ground spice, such as cinnamon or nutmeg.