Ho Ho Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- chocolate or devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 c
- 2/3 c
- 1 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp
- 1 5oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 stick
- margarine or butter
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 lb
- box powdered sugar
How to Make Ho Ho Cake
- 1Make cake according to package directions. Bake in an 11 x 14 jelly roll pan. Let cool.
- 2Combine sugar, Crisco, butter, vanilla, and evaoporated milk in a bowl. Beat with mixer for 10 full minutes. Spread on top of cake.
TIP 1: If you have a stand mixer, I suggest using it for this step. But, it turns out just as good with a hand mixer.
TIP 2: If you have room in your fridge, pop the cake with the filling spread on top in for about 30 minutes before spreading the frosting on top. It helps the filling set.
- 3Combine butter, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients and beat with mixer. Spread frosting while warm.
TIP 1: As with any cooked frosting, the consistency will change based on how much milk and powdered sugar are in it. Just keep that in mind when making the frosting.
TIP 2: After spreading the frosting, it helps to put the cake back in the fridge to help the frosting set. I would recommend keeping it in the fridge and taking it out about 30 mins to and hour before you are ready to serve it.
- 4You can also make this cake as 2 8- or 9-inch rounds and use the filling between the layers.