HEAVENLY ORANGE CHEESECAKE
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 cgraham crackers, crumbs
4 1/2 Tbspbutter, melted
24 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cheavy cream
1/4 corange juice, fresh
2 Tbsporange zest
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tsporange zest
1/3 cpowdered sugar
8 ozsour cream
How to Make HEAVENLY ORANGE CHEESECAKE
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. press in the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while mixing the cheesecake. Reduce the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract, heavy cream, orange juice, and 2 tbsp. orange zest mixing just until well blended. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
Do not over mix. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for one hour or until the edges are set and the center has a slight giggle to it. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for at least 1 hour without opening the oven door. Remove from the oven, allow to cool to room temperature. Leaving in the pan chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen from the ring of the pan. Now release the ring and remove.
- In a small bowl mix the 8oz. sour cream, 1/2 tsp. orange zest, and 1/3 cup powdered sugar together. Spread on top of the cheesecake. Chill until ready to eat.